A performance nutritionist worth their salt, will deliver a tailored plan for you to achieve your goals. They should identify your goals & make a roadmap to get your there with the best nutrition advice.
Unfortunately not all ‘Performance Nutritionists’ deliver on this.
If you decide to work me, this is what you can expect:
- You should expect an initial Zoom call where we’ll delve into your goals, what you have tried to date & what course of action might be most suitable.
- After this, you’ll receive a customized Marathon nutrition plan based on your individual needs including: your training schedule, body composition & nutritional preferences. This plan guides you on your nutrition, lifestyle & supplementation where applicable.
- Each week you will check-in with me via a designated link. Here, you will detail how your week went in terms of your nutrition and lifestyle habits.
- You’ll then receive feedback from me within 24-48 hours via e-mail/voice message/video message/video call. Video calls are offered every 2-4 weeks depending on your personal preference.
- Any messages sent to me after this, will be responded to in the same time-frame as above (i.e. 24-48 hours).
I work with athletes involved in both marathon and half-marathon races.
My nutrition advice is tailored to your goals.
You will have a check-in day – once per week. Feedback will be given to you within 24-48 hours. Any e-mails after that will be responded to within 24-48 hours.
This is dependent on what suits you best. Feedback is generally sent via e-mail or voice message but video messaging is also another option.
Zoom calls are also offered to the client every 2-4 weeks. The frequency of these calls is also dependent on your own preferences.
How long is a piece of string?! This is dependent on the client & their individual goals.
Example 1: Some results can start to occur within the first few days. For example, digestive issues that had been hampering a runners performance can potentially be cleared up straight away – by making some changes to their diet and thus improving their performance.
Example 2: If an athlete is looking to lose some weight for a specific race or event & their current weight is off this target – the timeline can vary. This could be anywhere from a few weeks to more than a year depending on how far they have to go.
In general, since the focus is on education & empowering the athlete through sustainable nutrition and lifestyle changes; I encourage a minimum of 12 weeks commitment. This is the length of time recommended to embed these habits into your life.
If you’re looking to maximize your performance in your sport gain the edge on your opponent(s) then having the nutritional & lifestyle tools at hand is vital.
Shaving time off your own PB all comes back to your nutrition.
Prices in the Republic of Ireland for a once-off consultation with a Performance Nutritionist can range anywhere from €80-€200/hour depending on your location.
Considering you’re likely to be seeing your nutritionist weekly, the cost becomes unsustainable after a short period of time. That’s why I offer coaching where it is €149 every 4 weeks, which works out at €37.25 per consultation! #ValueForMoney
My nutrition plans are meticulously tailored to accommodate both marathon and half-marathon runners. Both races have unique demands on the body, and my plans reflect that.
Furthermore, by understanding your history and your specific goals and timelines, we can work together to create a plan for YOU.